So I love hot, spicy and seasoned foods. I love pepper jelly and the versatility it has. So I managed to mesh a few recipes together to come up with a finished product I couldn’t eat until this afternoon. People were asking how it was and I couldn’t answer because it has to cool to room temperature then go into the refrigerator. Finally, after church we came home and tried it. I now need a 12 step program to get me off of this food crack, I mean pepper jelly.
1 cup fine chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup fine chopped jalapeño peppers
5 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
3 oz liquid pectin
1. Remove stems, seeds and veins from all peppers……depending on how hot you want the jelly. (I used food processor grater attachment).
2. In large saucepan (high heat) combine sugar, peppers, and vinegar. Bring to rolling boil for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool about 5 minutes.
4. Stirring constantly add liquid pectin. let stand 2 minutes.
5. Pour into clean jars, seal, let cool 24 hours.
6. Refrigerate jars or hot water bath for longer shelf storage.