Who doesn’t like shortbread and caramel? I will eat caramel on just about anything. These bars a a little piece of caramel heaven.
1 lb SALTed butter (room temp)
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
2 T vanilla
4 c flour
14 oz. caramel candies (or homemade caramel)
1/3 c milk
1/2 t vanilla
1 T coarse sea salt
- In large owl combine butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and mix. Slowly add flour until combined.
- Spray 9×13 pan
- Press about 1/3 of crust mix into pan evenly and bake at 325 for 20 minutes
- Place remaining dough in refridgerator to chill
- Place unwrapped caramels in microwave safe bowl and heat for one minute
- Continue heating in 30 second intervals until smooth
- When crust is finished cooking pour caramel over crust
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt over caramel
- Sprinkle remaining chilled dough over salted caramel
- Replace pan to the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown
These bars are delicious, really really delicious!!! Enjoy!