This was the second pie I made for the family reunion last weekend. Fast and easy…..seems to be my cooking motto!
1 single pie crust
3 cups fresh blackberries
8 oz. sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs. flour
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Prepare pie pasty, prick botton generously to allow gas to rise
3. Bake 8 minutes with pasty lined in foil. Remove foil and bake for additional 6 minutes
4. In large bowl combine sour cream, sugar, flour, salt
5. Add washed blackberries and fold into batter
6. Transfer blackberry mixture to pie crust
7. Cover pie crust edges with foil and bake 25 minutes
8. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes. Filling will be set and bubbly.
9. Cool on a wire rack, then cover and chill within 2 hours
Super rich, delicious cookie butter. Reminds me of the holiday season, yes it is only July. Oh well, it was calling me! This recipe is super quick and easy. You just need to get your hands on some cookie butter!! Trader Joes is the only place I know that has it.
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Cookie Butter
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
In saucepan boil sugar and milk. Once mix starts to boil, remove from heat completely. Add cookie butter and vanilla and mix completely…and quickly. Pour batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over fudge. Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes. Cut into small squares, these are very rich pieces of deliciousness!!
For family reunion this year I decided to bring pie because everyone loves pie, right?! I chose two I had never attempted before…this was one of them. Delish!
1 pie crust
2 pints of strawberries, stems removed and sliced
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 eggs (room temp)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup plus 3 Tbs flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Roll out pie crust and press into pie plate
Mix eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Use whisk approx. 3 minutes. Place strawberries into pie crust, pour the filling over the strawberries.
In small bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter. Add in the flour and mix with fork until crumbled. Distribute the crumb topping evenly over the top of pie.
Place pie in a jelly roll pan to avoid a messy overflow.
Bake pie for 70 minutes. Place foil over pie for first 30 minutes to avoid dark edges and topping.