So if baking is a science, I am a damn scientist!!!! I will give a quick warning, if you can’t eat just one Thin Mint cookie, you won’t be able to eat just one of these!! Have a glass of milk ready!! Enjoy!!
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup chopped Andes Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and peppermint. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, corn starch and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the Andes Candy pieces. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be soft. Cool slightly on cookie sheet; remove from sheet onto wire rack to cool completely.