I have had my eye on the Breville Mini Pie Maker at Williams Sonoma for over a year. Finally, on Saturday, I went to get it. Not only was it $50 off the $150 price tage, it was on an additional sale….about half off!! I made turkey pot pies with leftover frozen turkey from Thanksgiving. But the same recipe can be used for chicken or beef as well. FYI…..I hate hate hate peas!! So I never put them in ANYTHING (much to my families dismay), but I realize other people like food popping in their mouths, so I included it in the recipe.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.