- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 package fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (can also use Campbells cream of mushroom if you don’t have mushrooms)
- 1 pound beef loin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1/4 cup red wine (I used merlot)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water, or as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook until slightly tender. Mix in mushrooms, and continue cooking 2 minutes. Place steak strips in saucepan and cook about 1 minute. Mix in consomme, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly blend flour with cold water until smooth. Reduce saucepan heat to low. While stirring constantly, slowly pour flour mixture into saucepan. Gradually return to boil while stirring rapidly, until sauce is thick and smooth. Cover saucepan and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and stir in sour cream. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Sorry forgot to take pictures, had to eat it too quickly!! Rich and delicious meal!!