- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ground black pepper
- 4 (2 1/4 inch thick) center-cut pork chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bacon, and black pepper.
- Lay the chop flat on cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick (I used skewers). Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done.
Ok, this is totally delish!! The risotto I made to go with this was a simple thrown together recipe. I always use a rice cooker, if you don’t have one I STRONGLY suggest you acquire one, they are a great time saver. But I used equal parts of uncooked white rice, risotto and chicken stock and a clove of minced garlic (either dried or fresh) and a tablespoon of butter for flavor. It can also be cooked on the stovetop. **Locals, if you want to use my rice cooker to see if you like it, let me know I will lend it out to you….for a SHORT time:)**
As always, enjoy!!