Tried following a recipe, but didn’t have half of the stuff I needed to make it….so I pulled a few items out of the pantry and went to town. Obviously, if I had green onions, tomatoes, and Spanish rice components I would have added them. Enjoy!
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat (three breasts)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup jack cheese
- 10 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Cook chicken until cooked thru. Filling: Shred chicken (I put mine into the KitchenAid mixer and shred with bread hook, shreds like a charm!) Add green chilis, half can cream of mushroom soup, half of the cheeses, 1/2 cup sour cream, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Topping: In a separate bowl combine milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1/2 can cream of mushroom soup. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture, roll and place in greased 13X9 pan. Top with topping mixture, then with remaining cheese.
Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
For best results, pre-plan and have plenty of toppings on hand!! Even without them, they are delish!!