- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives (optional)
- chives for garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- black pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil until the chicken is done, about 10 minutes. Drain, allow chicken to cool, and cut into small pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Stir in soup, garlic, sour cream, cumin and green chiles.
- Spray the inside of 13×9 pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear tortillas into pieces, and arrange half of the pieces in one overlapping layer across the bottom of the pan. Arrange half of the chicken, half of the soup, and half of the cheese on top. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, soup, and cheese. Top with black olives.
- Cook at 350 for about 45 minutes. Top with chives.
The kids all had seconds, it is really good and rich.