Delish! And sooo easy, even for people like me who can not usually make a good loaf of bread!!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Delete all spices, add 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic. Mix in dough. Add parm on top of loaf and sprinkle with Italian spice.