These were amazing! Delish and several other super adjectives!! The ground beef can easily be substituted with shreded chicken….I plan on making it with that next!!
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- 4 cups oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 egg
- Crumble ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned, and drain off grease. Add taco seasoning, and cook according to package directions. Set aside.
- Lay out one egg roll wrapper at a time, and place a little more than a tablespoon of the ground beef in the center. Top with a small spoonful of green chilies, and a little bit of shredded cheese. Roll up according to package instructions, and seal edges, wetting with egg wash. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet, or preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry the rolls in the hot oil until golden brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oil to drain on paper towels. Serve hot and fresh.
Served with queso, sour cream, guacamole, sliced olives, and salsa.