- 8 to 10 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef stock
- 8 to 10 bocconcini mozzarella balls (HyVee has these)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the bacon slices on a sheet pan. Put in the oven and bake until crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan to a cutting board and chop. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together (use the “original” spoons God gave us!) the beef, Worcestershire, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, black pepper, stock and the chopped bacon.
Form portions of the meat around bocconcini to make smooth balls. Arrange the meatballs on a sheet pan with a rack and bake until thoroughly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.